Friday, 28 September 2012

Four shots i would expect to see in a horror film




I went out in my local town and took some shots of what I thought a viewer would expect to see in a horror and thriller film, I used a variety of shots to develop a daunting, scary mood in the pictures.

In this first shot, I used a extreme long shot to show the unknown murderer at the end of the bridge, I used this to show the victim has noticed me at the end and there is only one way to go because of the bridge layout, this shows that she can only go towards me which is straight to death. I used a hood and dark clothing to hide my identity to keep the audience guessing of who this murderer is and his intentions.


In this shot, I used an over the shoulder shot to show the unknown murderer with his weapon in hand. This is effective because it makes the audience feel your part of this murderer as if you’re someone helping him kill this women, I made sure my head was covering my face so that the audience are constantly guessing and do not know who this is which adds to the horror effect.






In this shot, I used a point of view shot so that the audience are looking through the eyes of the murderer, in the shot it shows the murderer following a women as if they are the murderer themselves, this makes the audience feel as if their a part of this murder. The victim is wearing white to represent her innocence and this makes the audience feeling helpless for this women.







This is my last and one of my favourite shots. It is a extreme long shot with two characters inside,  In the shot it shows the murderer following the unsuspecting victim in front of him, the baseball is out directed at the women indicating he is going to hurt her, the shot is low so this hides the identity of the murderer adding to the unknown horror.




Throughout the shots, the main parts of the mise-en-scene is the gloomy weather which effects the mood of the scene because its dull and not pleasant, The woman is dressed in white to show her innocence which contrasts to the killer being mysterious hidden wearing dark clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment